Completed Ph.D. Students
Anne Tall, Ph.D. in Summer 2022,
Dissertation: “Big Data Attribute-Based Access Control”
Jian Zhou, Ph.D. in Summer 2018,
Dissertation: “Bridging the Gap between Application and Solid-State-Drives”
Dan Huang, Ph.D. in Summer 2017 (Faculty now)
Dissertation: “MANAGING IO RESOURCE FOR CO-RUNNING DATA INTENSIVE
APPLICATIONS IN VIRTUAL CLUSTERS”
Xuhong Zhang, Ph.D. in Summer 2016
Dissertation: “REDUCING THE OVERHEAD OF MEMORY SPACE, NETWORK COMMUNICATION AND DISK I/O FOR ANALYTIC FRAMEWORKS IN BIG DATA ECOSYSTEM”
Xuchao Chen, Ph.D. in Summer 2016
Ruijun Wang, Ph.D. in Summer 2015
Dissertation: “RESEARCH ON HIGH-PERFORMANCE AND SCALABLE DATA ANALYSIS IN PARALLEL BIG DATA COMPUTING”, First employment after graduation: APPLE, data scientist.
Dissertation: “RESEARCH ON IMPROVING RELIABILITY, ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND SCALABILITY IN DISTRIBUTED AND PARALLEL FILE SYSTEMS” (Beginning Fall 2009, Master secured in Fall 2010, Master thesis title: Research on Reverse Lookup Problem in Distributed File System.) First employment after graduation: Ericsson.
Dissertation: “Research in high performance and low power computer systems for Data-intensive environment”, First employment after graduation: EMC.
Dissertation: “Improving Performance and Programmer Productivity for I/O-Intensive High Performance Computing Applications”. Master program under Dr. Mark Heinrich’s supervision. First employment after graduation: Postdoc in Northwestern University (Alok’s group).
Dissertation: Metadata and Data Management in High-performance File and Storage Systems; First employment after graduation: Microsoft.
Dissertation: Improving Performance and Energy-efficiency in Storage Server Systems; First employment after graduation: Microsoft.
Dissertation: High Performance Energy-efficient File and Storage Systems; First employment after graduation: Pillar Data Systems.
Dissertation: Self-organization and Content Location for Data Sharing Peer-to-Peer Systems; First employment after graduation: Google Inc.
Completed Master students
- Qiangju Xiao, Master degree conferred at UCF in Spring 2013.
- Kwok Wai Ng, NSF REU, scalable reverse lookup, Spring 2012.
- Grant Mackey, Master degree conferred at UCF in Spring 2012.
- Christopher Mitchell, Master degree conferred at UCF in Fall 2011.
- Lu Chen, Master in Fall 2010, Master thesis title: Concentric layout, a new data layout for matrix set in Hadoop file system.
- Zhengkai Wu, Master in Fall 2010
- Sandesh Shankarappa, Master in Summer 2010.
- Johnny Morris, Master, Spring 2009
- Huijun Zhu, Master in Fall 2008.
- Dr. Kening Zhang, Research Associate, 2008 (Ph.D. program under Dr. Ron DeMara’s supervision).
Completed Undergraduate students
- Alexander Roustai, alexroustai@Knights.ucf.edu, REU for data intensive HPC analytics, Spring 2015.
- Mario Carrasco, [carrascom@Knights.ucf.edu], the EXCEL program, Spring 2015.
- Mario Massad, firstname.lastname@example.org, REU for cloud HPC analytics, Summer 2014.
- Tyler Lukasiewicz, email@example.com, REU for cloud HPC analytics, Summer 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Summer 2015.
- Tyler Lukasiewicz, firstname.lastname@example.org, the EXCEL program, Spring 2014.
- Edgar Flores, NSF REU, Cloud Computing, Spring 2014.
- ZaydBabamir, NSF REU, data HPC analytics, Spring 2014.
- Christopher Deleuze, NSF REU, data intensive HPC, Summer 2013.
- Andrew Foran, NSF REU, data intensive HPC, Summer 2013.
- Alan Birmaher, the EXCEL program, Spring 2013.
- Ashish Naik, the EXCEL program, Spring 2012.
- Jeff Chenault, the EXCEL program, Spring 2012.
- Jeffrey Gerard, BS with distinction in Spring 2006.
- Brandon Smith, UNL UCARE project 2005.
- Tallman Tyler, UNL UCARE project 2006.
- Matthew Landowski, UCF 2006.
- Matthew Beiser, UCF 2006.